Wedding hotel reviews & more
Los Cabos Wedding Hotel Reviews
(hotels placed in alfabetical order)
• Los Cabos Hyatt Ziva Weddings, an all inclusive hotel located very close to the town of San Jose del Cabo, some people even walk to town but Not a short walk. Has Its own gazebo very close to the ocean and it even has a very nice size ballroom just in case you might needed if you get married in January when its a little bit cold at night so that you can party until late. Its one of the newer hotels in town. They do have their an in-house wedding coordinator as you might expect from an all inclusive hotel. They will let you bring your preffered wedding vendor but you will have to pay $90 usd per person for them to come inn, one good thing about this is that the vendors can eat at their restaurants with no problem at all with the day pass paid. This is another hotel that is popular with weddings so you might not get your emails answered as fast as you would like sometimes. This another hotel where you can actually swim in the ocean.
This is a: An all inclusive hotel
Pros: All inclusive. close to downtown San Jose del Cabo. swimmable ocean, maybe not so much a few months out lf the year but for the most part its swimmable. You dont have to rent a car to be able to go to downtown, maybe only to come back because its not actually too close to downtown. There is a supermarket very close by. The airport is only about 10 mins away by car.
Cons: Some brides complaint about not getting their emails answered in short because of the high volume of emails they get from brides on a daily basis. Guests are a bit close to the gazebo sometimes if they are at the pool on the same side as the gazebo, its not too close but it all depends on how many hotel guests are close to the area and if they are willing to move. Have to pay for the day pass ($90 usd per person) for your preffered wedding vendors and for any guests coming from other hotels.
• Cabo Azul Resort and Spa Los Cabos Weddings, 332 villa suits with fully equiped kitchens, this is one of the key points with this hotel and also that it has its own capilla/chapel with seatings to accomodate around 120 guests, a very unique capilla with a modern twist to it. This is the biggest Capilla in Los Cabos period and the view is also really nice. This is a high end hotel with all the treamings, its located in San jose del Cabo and its about 3 minutes by car to the town center, you can actually walk to downtown. They have in house wedding coordinators and they dont charge for outside wedding vendors as far as we saw so far. (updated December 2011). They offer 2 locations to host your wedding, either at their impressive Capilla or at the beach. From what we saw they do let you bring your preffered wedding vendor but check with them our info is correct, and please let us know if you find it to be the other way.
Pros: A very elegant Venue for your wedding. Having a huge Capilla/Chappel on-site. Very close to San Jose del Cabo so the taxi will be extremely cheap, and you can even walk to down town but you might break a sweat doing this depending on the time of year. Smaller hotel meaning there will not be ton of hotel guests everywhere. They will taylor to your needs. Close to the airport. They have more than enough wedding coordinators to handle your emails or actual wedding day. You can actually swim at the hotel beach but please check with the hotel because the tide might get higher than normal.
• Cabo Surf Hotel Weddings, is adjacent to one of the region's top surf beaches (Playa Acapulquito). a 40+ room hotel. We have seen lots of weddings here where they basically rent the whole place for them and their guests, or partially book the whole place, if you like surfing this is your hotel, but also a nice hotel in general, only 5 minutes from downtown San Jose del Cabo. Has only 2 locations to hold weddings; one would be on the grass in the hotel grounds and the other location would be at the beach. Nicely decorated and very well maintained.
Pros: Close to San Jose del Cabo, you still have to take a taxi to downtown but its cheap to do that. Small romantic hotel. Lets you bring the wedding vendor you want without an extra charge. Great food, going green in their new rooms (December 2012).
Cons: Only one restaurant, one pool and only 2 locations for your wedding, but then again its a smaller hotel its to be expected.
• Capella Pedregal Weddings, a high end resort that specialices in delivering luxury in every detail, you will breath a very relaxed envirionment, they have their in house wedding coordinator. The hotel was recently built and in a very exclusive location. They only offer the beach for ceremonies but we once saw they had a wedding in the reception area so not sure if they also offer it as a standard. This hotel definitely has the romantic seal all over, rooms are extremely nice and unique in its designs. It has a very nice area next to one of the pools for the dinner location.
Pros: Next to the ocean, it also has its own partially private beach, close to down town Cabo San Lucas, very luxuruios, will not charge you extra to bring your own vendors, at least not that we have heard of.
Cons: Few locations offered to have your ceremony. Price tag, but then again its a luxury hotel, not a swimmable ocean.
• Casa Dorada Los Cabos Weddings, one of the newer hotels in Cabo San Lucas, located right in the center of the most visited beach in town, the Medano Beach, you can be sure that you will always find people at this beach but its a good thing that the hotel has its own pool so that you can also have a quite place under the sun. hey host quite a number of weddings at this location, they have an area that was ment to be for events specially for weddings and it has a view of the ocean without having to be right at the beach with all of the tourists visiting the beach. They have wedding planners at the resort.
- Next to the most visited beach in town.
- Alot of restaurants extremely close to choose from.
- Lets you bring ourside wedding vendors without charging you extra.
- Kids friendly
- Swimmable beach.
- Free internet in the rooms.
- Alot of activities close by.
- Lots of tourists at the beach.
- 40 minutes from the Airport.
- 30 minutes from San Jose del Cabo.
• Casa Natalia Weddings, For couples searching for a wedding in downtown San jose del Cabo, no beach here but you definitely have anything you might need at a walking distance for sure. Its an intimate hotel, with a touch of europe in mind in its architecture, we recommend a wedding here to be for around 60 guests maximum, definitely one of 2 hotels that have a high end feel to it in the center square of San Jose del Cabo.
Pros: Right in the center of San Jose del Cabo if your looking for that and also 15 mins to the airport. Town church is extremely close and lots of restaurants to choose from for your rehearsal dinner or just to dine around. Located in the quiet town of San Jose del Cabo, if your not looking to get wild in town this town is for you. Feels very romantic inside the hotel.
Cons: If your looking to get wild and party this is not your type of town or hotel for that matter, Cabo San Lucas is nore of what you want. No beach here.
• Dreams Los Cabos Weddings, a great hotel for the couples who want an all-inclusive resort, this location is one of the favorite hotels for those brides wanting a package deal, its a very nice hotel that has the feeling of being in Mexico in an elegant atmosphere. its not a huge hotel so there is room for everyone at their huge pools and no problem here for making your dinner reservations, they recently added a ballroom in case you would need that for your wedding. Located in the corridor, 10 minutes from the town of San Jose del Cabo and 20 mins from Cabo San Lucas. The only thing that this hotel does not have is a swimmable beach unless the tide is really low but still not a recommend thing to do. They have 2 or 3 wedding coordinators on-site. This hotel has alot of potential for many reasons and that is why rated this hotel as one of the best in the area. They have 2 locations where you can host your wedding, the gazebo or at the beach.
This is a: An all inclusive hotel
Pros: You can bring your preffered wedding vendor witout having to pay extra. An all inclusive hotel something usually great for your guests and yourself. They have a gazebo close to the ocean. Plenty of space for having your wedding at the beach or anything else you could think of.
Cons: Alot of brides complaint for not getting their emails back fast and that is because they have such a high demand for weddings that this is what happens, we hope they can fix this a.s.a.p. so that they can always have happy emailing brides. Its 10 minutes from San Jose del Cabo and 15 minutes to Cabo San Lucas, so you definitely have to get a taxi or rent a car to go to town. Not a swimmable beach except for a few months out of the year.
• El Encanto Inn Weddings, Located in the center town of San Jose del Cabo, a very nice hotel that has its own nice size wedding chapel, the rooms are very nice for its price tag, has lots of Mexican looking details.
No beach here but your right in the center of San Jose del Cabo and you can easily go to any restaurant in downtown for breakfast, lunch or dinner and walk right back to the hotel in just a few minutes. They have a very large area to host your reception right next to the capilla/chapel and you will definitely not see any other guests wondering around, its a little separated from the hotel area, it has a spa that is located inside the hotel, they dont have a restaurant but they will cater to your needs from outside vendors, we think your getting more for your money at this hotel from all of the details this hotel has.
Pros: Small and intimate hotel, you are in downtown San Jose del Cabo.
Lots of restaurants at a walking distance. They will let you bring your chosen wedding vendors with no extra charge. Romantic hotel feel to it. Close to the airport. An in house Capilla/chapel. A hair and body treatment facility in-house, this is one of very very few hotels where you can have a horse driven wedding carriage drop you off almost next to the chapel.
Cons: No beach here. Only 1 location to host your wedding at. No hotel restaurant.
• Esperanza Resort Weddings, A high-end hotel, offers 2 locations of where you could host your ceremony, one of them being the most common since it was basically designed for this purpose and is located in a prime area over looking the ocean and the other area would be at the beach but we do have to mention that this beach is very private and you can be sure that you will not find any hotel guests wondering around. They have wedding coordinators on-site and will cater your every need. They do let you bring your preffered vendors with no extra charge. Located in the corridor between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas, very close to Cabo del Sol to play golf or just have brunch, lunch or dinner there as well.
Pros: Beautiful resort. Lets you have your vendors without an extra fee. You might even see a few movie stars. Closer to Cabo San Lucas and the arch.
Cons: Price tag. You have to book transportation get a taxi or rent a car to go anywhere outside of the resort. Not close to the airport.
• Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Golf and Spa Resort Weddings, A very nice resort with an excellent beach for weddings, this hotel has a very special location called "The Imperial Suite" its a private villa in front of the beach, you could almost say that it was designed for weddings, we do have some pics of this place. The hotel also has an incredible beach area for the rest of the hotel also used for weddings that is without a doubt very nice with rock formations very unique to the region. The hotel offers 5 different locations for weddings, one would be at a terraze close to the restaurant that is closest to the beach, for the other location not being at the beach they offer the imeprial suite, you have to rent the villa in order to get that specific location, and then the beach that is infront of the imperial suite where you would also have to rent the suite mentioned in order to be able to host the ceremony. The other location would also be at the beach but on the lelft hand side of the hotel, away from the imperial suite. They also have a large ballroom in case you would need it. A very nice and elegant resort. This hotel is priced a bit higher than your average nice resort.
Pros: Very nice beach. Elegant. Beautiful ballroom. Very nice design of the hotel. Timeshare. Wedding packages. Wedding coordinators on-site. Golf course very close. Will let you bring your preffered wedding vendors with no extra charge.
Cons: You have to rent a car, get a taxi or book a transportation company to go anywhere outside of the resort. Not too close to the airport (25 mins away).
• Hacienda Encantada Weddings
Hotel From The Air
Where you might find a "black dot" is where they usually have the weddings at this resort.
• Hilton Los Cabos Weddings, A very nice size hotel located in the corridor (between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo) not an all inclusive. A great hotel that has the quality you would expect from a Hilton hotel, the beach is nice and you can actually swim at this beach. You can either have your wedding at the beach or 3 other locations in the upper areas where a ceremony can be performed. They offer wedding packages and have a wedding coordinator on site, but you can also have an outside wedding planner if you prefer or any other vendor at no extra charge.
Pros: Lost of locations for your wedding or reception, great intimate feeling of the hotel, great beach to swimm at. Lots of room for any size wedding or anything you dream of doing. They dont do tons of weddings a year so they will really be fast with emails. They will let you bring your outside vendor at no extra charge. They have a very large ballroom if you might need it, the hotel grounds are pretty big so you will not see many guests wodnering around at your wedding or reception.
Cons: Definitely have to get a taxi to go anywhere. not very many locations where you.
• Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos Weddings, Built in recent years this hotel is located in the heart of San Jose del Cabo, also recently changed to an all inclusive hotel, we have not really seen that many weddings here so its hard to give an idea of how weddings happen here, but we will try to get invited to a wedding to see how everything goes and bring a few pics to the site.
This is a: An all inclusive hotel
Pros: Located in San Jose del Cabo, you can actually walk to downtown, not a small hike but alot of tourists do this. There is also a large supermarket in case you needed something different from what the hotel sells and its huge and very very close to the hotel. Also close to the airport so transportation will definitely be very cheap and you can also get a shuttle if you might be interested or even a private transfer will be very cheap. They are nest to the ocean and they are rarely full so you will not be crowded in the pool area or the restaurants.
Cons: They don't offer a gazebo to get married. Not many restaurants at the hotel, far from the other town (Cabo San Lucas) if you might be looking on visiting the arch or that side of town.
• Marquis Los Cabos Weddings, romantic hotel located in the corridor between San jose del Cabo and Cabo San lucas. This hotel has around 45 weddings a year and is ideal for any type of wedding. They are a higher end hotel. You will rarely see hotel guests wondering close to the wedding taking place so this is good. This is a hotel that has alot of couples and honeymooners as well. The hotel offers a really nice location for dinner next to the swimming pool on the right hand side of the hotel. The beach on this hotel is somewhat a short walk from the hotel so that is nice if you want the beach close to you but if your planning on having your ceremony at the beach is not in your favor since there is not too much space for a huge setup if your planning on bringing more than 120 guests and you would want lots of room for people to see you walking from a far distance, this is not bad, just something that we have seen brides dont see until they have the set up ready and its the day of the wedding. The hotel is located in the corridor between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas, but its closer to San Jose del cabo.They also have a very good size ballroom that is extremely elegant.
Pros: Intimate hotel, very private feel to it, elegant, does not feel crowded at the pool area or at their restaurants with a partially full hotel(guests), gourmet breakfasts, awsome dinners, everything you would expect from a higher end hotel.
Cons: They will charge you if you bring an outside vendor, but check with them because the hotel was recently sold and maybe their policy changed (written on December 2011). You have to get a taxi or rent a car to go anywhere else.
• One and Only Palmilla Weddings, we think this is the best hotel in town, it has everything, incredible views, swimmable beaches, incredible food, rooms, service, but then again its been the #1 hotel in latin american for a few years so what can you expect. The price tag might be the only barrier you will find. The architecture is all based in the Mexican culture and it even has a wedding capilla/chapel (built in 1956) for up to 50 guests that includes a very very nice horse-drawn carriage, its a very romantic hotel where they will cater you to the max. They basically have eveything you need and if they dont have it they will bring it.
Pros: You have everything you need for your dream wedding. Its own chapel. Close to San Jose del Cabo, awsome beaches with lots of rock formations something that very very few hotels have, a very nice ball room that can hold around 150 guests.
Cons: Price tag, and only 1 area to host a wedding in the hotel grounds and 2 locations to host a wedding at the beach.
• Pueblo Bonito Blanco Weddings, a nice hotel, situated right in the heart of where it all takes place in Cabo San Lucas, very well maintained as any other Pueblo Bonito from what we have seen. We think you might enjoy this hotel, take a look at the photos and decide for yourself.
Pros: Very very close to the tourist area, taking a Taxi to this area should be very cheap, lost of bars close by, lots of places to go close to the hotel, but not a walking distace.
Cons: Not a romantic hotel, but sometimes couples like to be where the action is in town. Lots of tourists close by at the location they use for the weddings, so you are most likely going to have tourists close to the ceremony location.
• Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Weddings, one of the newest editions to the pueblo bonito family hotels, definitely the nicest and most expensive ones of the family, situated on the pacific side like the name says, its very elegant, very nice, the food is excellent in every way, and just about anything you want you will get. Like any other hotel, you can choose other vendors if you feel you want more options or ask the coordinator for other options on vendors.
Pros: The temperature on this side of cabo is always great since its situated on the pacific and lots of wind that feels great in the summer. They will let you have any vendor you like and will not charge you extra, very romantic hotel, never crowed.
Cons: Lots of wind year round since its on the pacific side so it's not always nice that you might have a little bit more wind that you need in some months. You definitely have to rent a car or take a taxi to go anywhere here, not close to anything in town. 15 mins to go to dontown Cabo San Lucas.
• Pueblo Bonito Sunset beach Weddings, This is one of the few hotels situated on the pacific side, a larde scale hotel but you will not feel like its crowed because of all the pools they have and because everything is far apart, a very nice resort with all the trimmings, everyone agrees that your getting more for your money at this hotel, not cheap at all but then again this is a very good hotel. They do a good number of weddings per year here so they know what they are doing. As always you can hire any vendor you like here but first look at who they recommend and if you want more options come to us and pick the vendors you prefer.
This hotel is one of the few that has its own chapel, definittely the biggest one in all of Cabo, talking about private chapels.
Pros: Incredible views, very elegant looking, lots of places to go to within the hotel. They have their own wedding coordinator if you prefer to go this way.
Cons: You have to take a cart to drive you where you want to go since the hotel is so big, so sometimes you might have to wait a little for the carts, but if you call from your room they are very good in timmings to pick you up. Also take into consideration a 15 min drive taking a Taxi, so be ready to pay for the taxi, it might be a better idea to rent a car for the whole day and go to different locations all in one day.
Not an all inclusive hotel.
• Riu Palace Weddings, A very strict hotel where you can definitely get married but only with their vendors and if you want outside vendors you will have to pay an aditional $300 USD, we dont recommend this hotel that much because of how strict they are with everything. But remember that you can hire any vendor you like even if they tell you that only what they recommend, its your wedding you decide. And if you have guests coming from other hotels be ready to pay $90 USD per person.
This is a: An all inclusive hotel
Pros: All incusive. Close to downtown Cabo San Lucas.
Cons: Paying $300 usd to bring your preferred wedding vendor. Paying $90 usd for any guests comming from other hotels. Lots of people close to your ceremony if you choose to get married at the beach. Always trying to force you to pick their own vendors even if your not sure of hiring them. Always lots of people everywhere.
• Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Weddings, One of the more Mexican looking hotels, but definitely with the elegant touch in every little detail. Brides love this hotel because its not too big, so not too many tourists and they have lots of pools so no conflict there. The weddings at this hotel have several options to choose from, they have a palapa in the middle of the property next to the ocean, it's very nice and intimate location for a wedding, they also have 4 locations where you can have your ceremony at the beach or you can even get married at their own capilla /chapel located in the entrance of the hotel, its very well decorated and it can only hold around 80 guests, we are sure you will love it. Lots of places to take photos at in the huge property.
Pros: They have their own wedding coordinator, but you can have any vendor you like and they will not charge you extra to having them there.
Cons: You have to take a taxi to go anywhere coming from this hotel, lots of people that stay here either rent a car for one day to go to different locations or rent a car for a few days.
• The Westin Resort and Spa Los Cabos Weddings, A very well known hotel in the area, better known for it's dramatic architecture, offers only 2 locations where you can have your wedding, one being very close to the ocean without being on the actual sand, and the other site would be at the beach, most weddings happen at the beach as you already know. This hotel has a very nice beach area filled with rocks on a few places making the views at this hotel very special. The views from the rooms are spectacular as you might imagine. This hotel will let you bring your preffered vendors from what we saw but please check again because it also has to do with high and low season for weddings. They have an on-site wedding coordinator. The hotel is located at the corridor closer to San Jose del Cabo (about 10 mins by car), but also not too far from Cabo San Lucas (about 20 mins by car).
Pros: Awsome views. Good food. Lets you bring your preferred wedding vendors (check with them first). They have Several ballrooms if you might need one. They have wedding packages as well as most hotels in the area.
Cons: Have to get a taxi to go anywhere outside of the hotel. Price tag.
• Ventanas al Paraiso Weddings, A high end hotel, they will definitely tailor your specific needs and go beyond your spectations. All rooms come with private jacuzzis and the rooms scream luxury. They have 2 locations where you can have your ceremony, one being on the upper part of the hotel and its a pretty nice size area where we have seen many brides also have their reception and other brides chosing it for their dinner place. The other location would be at the beach, it offers more than plenty space to do whatever you had in mind. Most of the guests you will see are either couples or honeymooners and maybe a few movie stars. They also just oppened an exotic Spa with the latest in technology. They also have an on-site wedding coordinator. And from what we saw will not charge you extra for bringing your hand picked wedding vendor.
Pros: Not too many rooms meanning that you will have a very intimate wedding. Romantic hotel. Designed to spoil you in every way possible.
Cons: No ballroom at this hotel. Have to get a taxi or rent a car to go anywhere from this hotel because its in the middle of the corridor between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. Price tag.
• Villa La Estancia Weddings, This location is really not a hotel but more like a villa rentals, some of the villas are for rent and you can just rent the one that fits your needs, it's an elegant place with very high end services, it's located in the town of Cabo San Lucas and very close to the wildest beach in that town called medano beach, but not close enough to have additional tourists at your beach wedding if you decide to have it here, but you can definitely walk to the beach mentioned.
They dont do that many weddings at this location because not all rooms are for rent so it's more of a private resort where you will not ever be crowded with other guests, they have a little gazebo type place at this location used for weddings if you would like this area or you can choose the beach or even one of the hotels next door since they are all owned by the same company and you can arrange to have the wedding at either locations, most people do a mix of things, either have their ceremony at one of the other locations and then do their reception at this place or the other way around, you have a few options for doing this.
- You can actually walk to a few locations from here, definitely not a short walk but most tourists do this.
- You can catch a shuttle for this location from the airport (just remember that because this hotel is in Cabo San Lucas, the shuttle might stop several times before they actually drop you off at this location) or a private transfer if you prefer to get there with no stops along the way.
- You have a few restaurants to choose from at a walking distance but all owned by the same resort your staying at, or you can walk along the beach and find other restaurants that are at the beach or close to the beach.
- You can get married at several locations within the 2 other hotels next to this one.
- You can bring your chosen vendors with no extra charge from this place.
- Very close to the arch.
- You can catch a boat ride to the arch from this hotel if you book it through the guests concierge or by going to the beach a little to the right of the property.
- They have a very nice restaurant at this same place called: La Casona, and you can have your dinner here with elegance, food is always great at this specific restaurant.
Cons: 40 mins from the airport, 30 mins from San Jose del Cabo.
• Zoetry Casa del Mar Weddings, An intimate resort made for romance, with around 60 rooms, you will only feel the breeze passing by because you will not find the pool ever crowded, if you like the idea of seeing very few people around in the hotel this is just for you, they have 2 locations where you can get married, one would be at the quiet zone located in the center pool and the beach, or having your wedding at the beach, we have photos of both locations. Designed for couples in mind and also families who enjoy peace and very little noise. This hotel is also great because your guests can actually stay at the Dreams hotel next door and the day of the wedding they can just walk to your hotel for the wedding, its owned by the same company so they definitely encourage the idea.
This is a: An all inclusive hotel (higher end all inclusive)
Pros: Great service. Small hotel. Romantic accomodations. Great food. Not very many guests. Several swimming pools and all of them huge, the weddings taking place are always for your guests, no other guests ever close by. One of the most private locations there are for weddings in all of Cabo. You can bring your outside vendors without any problems, no extra fees for that. The beach area is huge.
Cons: Have to get a Taxi or rent a car to go anywhere. A bit more expensive than the other All inclusive hotels.
Out of town hotels
(around 1 hour drive to these hotels)
• Palmas de Cortez Hotel, A hotel made to relax and have a quiet time, this is not a luxury hotel by any means, just a nice hotel to stay if you go to Los barriles, a 40 minute drive from San Jose del Cabo airport, most people staying here come for the great fishing that happens all year round. This is a hotel that has around 30 weddings a year, they have a wedding coordinator on site that can get you basically anything you need. Brides coming to this hotel like the location because it's away from everything and like the quiet fishing town of Los Barriles or maybe just want something different.
Pros: Lower rates than other hotels of it's type. Beach front property. Very large beach area in front of the hotel.
Cons: Far from the airport, transfers are not cheap at all coming here, no shuttle transportation going this way that we know about. Anything special that you might need would have to come from Los Cabos and might have an extra charge depending on what you need. All vendors come from Los Cabos and you might get charged extra for you to get what you need if special.